yolink search

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #7b

I have found many interesting things on my Reader. The most interesting and important to me was the WikiPremed post from Free Technology 4 Teachers. My major was Biology with a focus on Premed and eventually I plan to go back to medical school, which will require me to retake the MCAT. When I went to the WikiPremed site, I fell in love and immediately began browsing. I found that they had all kinds of study tools including Physics flashcards (which will help me while I am teaching Physics this year) and Physiology Crosswords (which will really make reviewing fun). Of course I could also give this website as a reference to my students that have interest in Premedicine as a major, but I will be honest: my primary focus for vewing and bookmarking this website was for purely personal (and selfish) reasons.
Another interesting thing I found in my Reader was a short blog about Creating screencasts from Tech Learning. It simply listed the Top 10 programs that could be used to do so, but it was awesome in its simplicity because it compiled this list so that I could refer to it and find my favorite from the list. I will be using screencasts to explain directions for foldables so that I will not miss a step and all my classes will get the same demo.

No comments:

Post a Comment