yolink search

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #22

This was probably the easiest thing I've done in this class because I grew up in the Facebook and MySpace generations. Prior to this class, I had explored both of them and my personal preference is Facebook. I enjoy Facebook because of its new privacy settings (where my students can't find and add me) as well as the number of my friends and family that are connected. I use Facebook to keep up with all the people it would be tiring to call or e-mail all the time. It is important that teachers know how social networking works because it will help them keep in touch with professional friends in other districts. They also need to know how to work the privacy settings because many teachers have gotten fired over content that was on their Facebook or MySpace page. I did not really gain much insight because using Facebook regularly is what I do and I learn about the new things as they are added. I did learn that the MySpace account I created years ago is visible through Google searches, but the content is so old that it has me living in a totally different city. I will probably never use it again, unless Facebook starts charging. I have used facebook for educational purposes, by finding colleagues and collaborating with them. The colleagues I have used in the past are all ones that I knew personally, but eventually I would like to branch out and find teachers I don't know that teach the same subjects I do so that I can collaborate across the globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment