yolink search

Friday, July 9, 2010

Thing #14

Wordle: Physics

I tried 2 different tools and loved them both. The 1st one I tried was Wordle. I have seen the collages that other teachers made and thought they were cool, but assumed that I would never have the time to make one myself. Once I got to the website, I realized that they were much easier to make than I thought. I believe that I will use this as a word bank when I have my students working on fill-in-the-blank things. I think this would be a fun way for them to see the words and it would really be entertaining for me to watch them read while turning their heads to read sideways.


| View Sample Photo Books | Create your own Photo Book

The 2nd tool I tried was MixBook. Of course, since I had issues finding science related pictures I liked from Flickr, I decided to use some of my own photos to create an album. Since I am a newlywed, I decided to make an online wedding album. Because I have about 800 pictures to choose from (my photographers were very thorough), it took a while to pick the photos I wanted to upload. Once I did that, I decided to let the program "Randomize" the album out of curiosity. The album came out great! With minimum effort, I now have an online album that I can allow my friends and family to see. I haven't decided if I will allow them to edit it or not since I would like to keep peace. I am also thinking about asking for help on adding the text so I might let them view and ask for comments for suggestions about the text. Either way, the album is not finished and by the time it is, I will have another decision on whether or not to buy it so that I can have a physical copy. Please feel free to comment and give me ideas.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool photo album and a beautiful wedding! I enjoyed seeing your pictures. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete