yolink search

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thing #7a

I have found many interesting things on my Google Reader. I have so many stars on items because as I scan, I find so many new things I want to learn about and incorporate in my classroom. One of the latest ones was about School Safe ClipArt. I am always looking for more ways to bring visuals, especially for my ELLs and SpEd students as well as for the visual learners. From the same feed, I came across Ad-Aware which is free anti-virus protection. I wondered why no one else has thought to make protection free since everyone needs it and most anti-virus software costs an arm and a leg. Of course, since its free, I automatically began to doubt its scanning prowess. When it comes to technology, my husband always assures me that "you get what you pay for". 

From a feed that I added purely for my own interest, I found an article talking about foods that boost your mood. I thought this was interesting because certain foods (CHOCOLATE!!!!!!) have always made me happy and I wanted to see what research shows about mood-enhancing food. Although this article slightly disparages my claim that chocolate is the ultimate feel-good food (said that it would more likely prolong a bad mood- how lame is that, seriously, eating chocolate even while in a bad mood has always brightened my day), it did have some healthy meal and snack ideas that included links to the recipes. I really appreciated those links because it gave me the option to try one of the mood boosting foods to see if it could compete with the endorphin high I get from chocolate. (...I wonder if anyone can tell how much I love and think about chocolate...)

No comments:

Post a Comment