yolink search

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thing #7

I had mixed feelings about comments on blogs. Since I have a blog that I can't wait for someone to comment on, I wish that more people would do it. But having read some blogs, even though you might want to comment, sometimes it is downright unnerving to do since you might not know if the author specifically welcomes comments or if your specific comment will be welcome. After reading 10 Techniques to get more comments on your blog, I decided to jump in with both feet. While searching my Reader for posts that would interest me, I came across the word autoethnography. Of course, this caught my attention and I had to find out more. It ended up being an inspiring video about the life of an Iowa teacher. Sadly, there were no comments, which led me to believe that no one had even watched the video. Since I have no comments on this seemingly insignificant blog that hasn't taken nearly as much time or effort as that touching video, I felt compelled to at least try to convey my gratitude to this person who decided to share her life with the world. It was almost as if I was validating this person's decision. After this experience I lost all commenting shyness whatsoever and started searching for anything else I could comment on. Then I also found a blog encouraging fathers to stay connected to their 21st century kids. It was so insightful that even though I am not even a parent, I was encouraged to use these techniques for the children I mentor. After commenting on these 2 blogs, I felt it was time to find an informational one, which is when I decided to search for another blog to add to my RSS feed. I ended up adding Make Friends With Food because of an post of How to spread healthy eating habits. I almost felt as if it was speaking directly to me, which of course meant that I had to comment once again to let the author know that their thoughts did not fall on deaf ears. Hopefully my blog will one day inspire someone as I have been inspired.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Autoethnography. Inspiring Video – Melissa (Feilmeier) Osborn’s

    I highly recommended viewing this.

    Wow! Such depth on many levels! What a way to end my evening. I'll have inspirational dreams tonight, give this some more thought, and watch this video again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete