yolink search

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thing #6

RSS feeds are the most innovative thing I have learned about blogging. I love the fact that I can go to my reader and see the titles and brief overviews of all the articles/blogs I subscribe to. Since I like reading about medical research and healthy living, I decided to add those to my reader and I am learning things that I am most interested in. I never watch the news unless there is a particular story that catches my attention and I am always frustrated because I have to wait for that story. With the Reader, I only subscribe to what I am interested in and don't have to wait. One article of interest was about distracted driving. I have seen commercials and been hearing about this topic for a while, but I wanted to know what type of research has been done. It was interesting to see the medical opinion because the author noted that physicians always ask about risky behavior, but don't ask about driving while distracted. Since I am a multi-tasker, I was also checking out the most salty foods and summer reading incentives for children. The latter was really interesting because I remember my local library's summer reading incentive program: RABDARGAB (Read A Book, Do A Report, Get A Buck). It delighted me that even though we are in a world where kids can find just about anything on the internet, that such programs still exist to encourage young readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment