yolink search

Friday, June 25, 2010

Thing #5

Technology is constantly changing. Because of this, the people who keep up with technology are adapting quickly to change with it. In a recent Students 2.0 blog, one of the faithful bloggers noted that some of the students have stopped blogging because of boredom and moving on to bigger and better things. She then charged the readers to prove her wrong. I think that this blog represents the attitude that all teachers need to take with respect to integrating technology in the classroom. The same technology that teachers are trying to learn about, the students have already mastered it. Once it becomes integrated into the classroom, like all things shiny and new, the students love it for a while, then become bored with it. It is then our job as teachers to find something else new and shiny to keep the students engaged.

2 comments:

  1. Keeping it new, shiny, and engaging is the key. I am glad that I am taking this course with other educators... we have to stay on top of all technology options out there so that students do not get bored with it. Good thoughts ... Amanda =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this course more and more each day because I am learning about things I didn't even know were available for educators. I am excited and ready to bring these to my students

    ReplyDelete