yolink search

Friday, June 25, 2010

Thing #2

Certain teachers on my campus have blogs and moodle websites where the students can interact with them online. This is completely new to me because when I went to school, if I wanted to interact with my teachers, my only option was to talk to them by either raising my hand in class or attempting to catch them before or after class. Students nowadays can post questions on the teacher's blog after they have had sufficient time to process the information instead of having to track down an adult (that has a life and may or may not be available). Some students are also not as outgoing in personal situations as they are in online forums. These students now have an avenue to comfortably seek the help they need without the public humiliation they fear.

I want to have an interactive website that will allow students to blog their assignments. Lots of students do not realize that when teachers ask them to write, it is not a punishment. Teachers really want to see what their students’ thought processes are and if learning has really taken place as opposed to students faking it until they make it. I also would like to incorporate more online tools that appeal to my English Language Learners as well as my students that are not traditionally good test takers. It is important to incorporate technology especially the Internet in the classroom because students use it for so many other things. Using the Internet not only engages them into the lesson, it also helps them learn without them even realizing it. It also uses the medium of communication that they are most comfortable with.

I am already using Web 2.0 to learn new things, just by taking this class. Already I have thought of new ways to incorporate these things in my classroom and I am ready to start interacting with the Web more to find even more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment